- What is Southern Maryland Youth Athletic Conference? Is one of the largest membership organizations dedicated to provide the youth of Southern Maryland an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of football and, under competent leadership, to enjoy participation and competition in this organized league so that they may become happier, better people. Objectives shall include the development of positive social values and character traits; good citizenship; physical and mental health; and a knowledge, appreciation, and interest in football. It is a goal of this league to instill the will to win and the courage to accept defeat or disappointment, with emphasis on clean play and sportsmanlike conduct.
- How many teams are in the Southern Maryland Youth Athletic Conference (SMYAC)? There are currently 14 teams in the league.
- Where will the LaPlata Blue Knights Football practice? The LaPlata Blue Knights practice at Milton Somers Middle School, Walter J Mitchell, and Laurel Springs.
- What type of season schedule would there be? The Southern Maryland Youth Athletic Conference (SMYAC) plays a 8 - 10 game schedule; if you qualify for playoffs then you will play more games that season.
- Are there any changes to the weight and age groups for Southern Maryland Youth Athletic Conference (SMYAC)? There are no weight restrictions for all age groups.
- Where will all the games be played? Our Home games will be played at Milton Somers Middle School on Saturdays and under the lights at Laurel Springs park for weeknight games. We will provide the locations of the other games once the schedules have been released. If you go to Field Location under Contact Us tab of our website you will obtain a list of all the field locations.
- What is the process if a family has two or more siblings playing on two or more different teams? It depends on the game schedule which is created by the league.
- Will the registration fee and process be affected by the change? The main price will be $220.00 but you will receive 5 x $10.00 raffle tickets (per registered child) you can sell at a total value of $50.00 which will reduce your cost to $170.00.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to send us an email.